To apply for a CATO Scholarship, an employee must be a senior in high school, a matriculated college undergraduate or a trade school student. In order to be eligible one must be employed at least six months at a CATO member theatre in the State of Connecticut. Students who work seasonally are eligible.
Applicant must be a resident of the State of Connecticut.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete Application Form. Mail with supporting papers to:
Connecticut Association of Theatre Owners
C/O Doug Murdoch
10807 Falls Road #1150
Brooklandville, MD 21022-1150
Applications must be received by Friday, June 6, 2014.
Scholarship winners will be announced in July 2014.
- Up to seven scholarships may be awarded for a total of $10,000; three of $2000 each and four of $1,000 each. Scholarships will be awarded upon proof of matriculation at the school of choice and checks will be made out to the institution in the student’s name.
- A committee of CATO members and a local educator will choose the award recipients on the basis of theatre employment, school records and civic participation.
- The following information must be included:
- The CATO application completely filled out.
- A letter of work history from your Theatre Manager.
- You school transcript, SAT scores, grade point average, and class rank.
- A personal profile letter which explains your goals, with any reasons why you need or feel you deserve a CATO Scholarship.
- Scholarship Winners must enroll in a college, university, or trade school for the full term, and must meet all qualifications for the school of their choice. If a winner does not attend school for the fall term of 2014, the award will go to the next highest scoring applicant.
- These scholarships are not affected by any other financial aid received by applicant.